Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Katniss Everdeen volunteers for a sure death sentence to protect her sister and her country in this futuristic novel. She must fight friends and enemies in front of a live television audience in the Hunger Games--a competition which is a fight to the death.

Even those who are not fans of science fiction will have a hard time putting down the novel. The plot is detailed, and Katniss's character is fully developed, making for an exciting reading experience.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the book, it had all the great elements that you don't necessarily see in some books these days.Plus it really shows in good details the struggles for human survival. Even though life can be cruel we can still make it through and go on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished the series over Christmas break and I fell in love! I felt as if I was part of the story the whole way through. I absolutely can not wait until the movie comes to theatres in the spring. I recommend that everyone should read this book!

    ReplyDelete